Wednesday, February 11, 2015

{KKS} Gandalf the Grey



Hiya krafty friends!!! Welcome to Day ONE of the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps FEBRUARY 2015 previews!!! I'm SO excited to share the new Moonlight Whispers stamp sets by Annie Rodrigue!! SO many of you have been asking for this theme.....and we aim to please!! wink emoticon
Today the Krafty Girls and Guests are thrilled to share with you two totally magical new stamp sets from The Lord of the Rings books!! If you are familiar with these books and movies, you'll easily recognize GANDALF and GALADRIEL!!! You'll find so many amazing creations on today's hop featuring both new images and sentiments from these fabulous new sets!
Below you will find all the Krafty Girls and Guests who have goodies to show you today and while you're visiting their blogs, be sure to leave some love at each stop because one lucky stamper is going to WIN some $$ to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Shop!! Woohoo!!!
ALL of our FEBRUARY stamps will be available on Saturday night at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Shop!!! Be sure to join us for an hour of celebrating the new stamp sets, fun and prizes on Saturday evening at our LIVE ONLINE RELEASE PARTY!! Come hang out with the Krafty Girls, Guests and me!!



I used Gandalf and made my son a birthday card. He loves LOTR and The Hobbit so this was perfect! I coloured with Copics. I didn't initially plan on making his robe this dark, but my lovely C9 made a huge blop at the bottom (the wide, dark pleat) so I had to go darker to try to blend it in :) Oh well! I tired to use really suitable paper and I found this pad with the map and clocks, so I think it was okay. I used some brown twine and a grey button. I love the sentiment. Ryan is only 11, but he's kind of a wise old soul and if you know him, you'll understand how he is and that he'd probably even say something like this quote in regular conversation LOL!
Here is the inside. Excuse the poor photo. I didn't realize it was so out of focus! I used the sentiment from the Galadriel set. 







26 comments:

sammi said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE the new release!

Unknown said...

Your card looks amazing! Love all your folds and the beard...such texture! You would never know you had a mishap! Your son is going to love your card!

jengd said...

Blop or not, his robe (and everything else!) looks great. I love the map background!

CraftinAway said...

Amazing card! Never would have guessed you had a marker mishap. Colors are amazing! Love the paper!!

Lia said...

Fabulous card and if you hadn't said anything about the blob or beibg to dark I wouldn't have thought about it since it is a fabulous card and coloring I'm looking at. Absolutely one of my favorites this sneek peak 💕

Anonymous said...

My daughter is going to crap her pants when she see's this, she loves LOTR!!!! Awesome job, of course, ho!

kittenkohl said...

Luv seeing how this image looks colored in :-) very nice card!

Unknown said...

This beautiful! The way you've coloured his dress is gorgeous

MeredithRen said...

love the paper you picked for this card!great job!

Sharla said...

This is absolutely amazing!! I love these movies and this image is awesome! Great job!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so Tolkenish, love it. We are big LOTR fans as well, so I am definitely buying this one!

Unknown said...

Wow!! Gorgeous! Love your coloring! These stamps are just fantastic!! Love your design too. Gorgeous!

Brandi R said...

Gorgeous card (as always)! Love this set and you have used it stunningly ♥

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!

Doudou said...

Oh great card!

Iris said...

Gorgeous card - love the maps in the background.
isoscia at aol dot com

Heather said...

This card is gorgeous!!! In a totally masculine sort of way, of course. : ) I think the map background is perfect. It could almost be a map of Middle Earth. Your coloring is stunning even if it is a bit darker than Gandalf would really be. But it's still gray, and that's good with me.

Mary Holshouser said...

The card is great. The insides are always wonderful too.
thanks for sharing

Margo said...

LOVe your card! My 11 year old Ryan loves LOtR and Hobbitt too!

Maye M.L said...

Fascinating concept! Your card is marvelous. Congrats to your son, to have the capacity to relate to the magic world of books at an early age is indeed a treasure worth cultivating. Got to dust my trilogy, albeit without much time, this Kraftin Kimmie release has inspired me to read them again. Cheers

Cathie Borowski said...

Well this certainly well timed as I only saw the last movie in the Hobbit trilogy last weekend. I love how you have coloured Gandalf, his robes look amazing.

Christine Kiehl said...

What a delightful card you crafted!

D.Ann C said...

Fab card and new set! There are no mistakes in handmade art... just character additions and happy accidents!!!

Maria said...

Fun new Stamps and you have made a fab. card here. Great colouring in
Maria, Uk

Mary said...

Stunning card!! Another great image!

nancy carroll said...

Stunning coloring, love the image.