Monday, August 11, 2014

{SPDSS09} Gnome Sweet Gnome


Hey there! Today I have a fun card to share with you that features a really great stamp set from SugarPea Designs….I am so excited because, even though this was one of SPD's very first sets from our first release, this is the first time that I've inked up the door from Gnome Sweet Gnome…..a lot of 'firsts' there!! ;) 


I am honestly tickled with the way this came out….I love challenging myself to colour things that are outside my comfort zone (which consists of mainly human characters and nothing else!)…..a door is not something that I thought I would enjoy colouring. But I DID! I did a LOT! And guess what else? Doors take less time to colour than a person with 500 different sections of hair! Victory!!  For the inside of the card, I used just the gnome character that comes with the set, just to tie in the whole 'gnomey' sentiment, so the recipient doesn't think I'm strange;)


Here is our sketch this week…we'd love for you to play along! Here are some of the things you need to know:

  • Create a new card or project using the SugarSketch provided.
  • SugarPea Design stamps are NOT required to play along or to win but would be appreciated :)
  • You may rotate/flip the sketch & replace shapes – so long as the original sketch layout is recognizable 
  • Upload to your blog or other Online Gallery using Keyword: SPDSS09 so that we may check out your beautiful work
  • Add your name and link to your project in the InLinkz shown on the SPD BLOG.
  • One randomly selected winner will receive a $10 Gift Certificate to the SugarPea Designs Online Shoppe.  
  • However, if the winning entry features a SugarPea Designs stamp we will increase the prize to $15!



2 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous Jenny. Swoon.

Kathy G. said...

I love this card. You did such a wonderful job coloring. I love how the door turned out.