Are you ready for a new SugarSketch Challenge?!?! We had a fantastic response to our last SugarSketch Challenge. It was wonderful to have so many participants. Feel free to make it your own by rotating or by changing the shapes of the panels. And remember, that each project you link up and share below is an entry to WIN a Gift Certificate to the SugarPea Designs store worth up to $15!
I've noticed a lot of stampers using Distress Ink to create gorgeous backgrounds lately, so I tried my hand at that. I don't have many 'colours'…mostly just neutral browns to distress with….so my colour scheme was very limited LOL! I sponged a background, then cut out the circle (I used the extra inked portions once i cut out my circle focal panel to cut all of the little hearts (Heart Journal Card Set) that you see floating out of the envelope die- Special Delivery Accents). I spattered the circle with water off a paintbrush to get the look. I need to work on this. haha! I added a bunch of enamel dots (mostly YNS), lacquered up the 'love' die cut (Heart Journal Card Set) with glossy accents and stamped 'note' from the set Special Delivery. I used the envelope stamps from Special Delivery to create the pattern on the vertical panel. I saw one of my teammates do something similar and was inspired by that. The horizontal panel was subbed with one of the border stamps from Build A Background- Basics (Remember that BAB-Basics is FREE with a qualifying purchase!!!You can get your hands on it a whole 2 months before its even released!)
The rules are very simple…
Create a new card or project using the SugarSketch provided.
- SugarPea Design stamps are NOT required to play along or to win but would be appreciated
- You may rotate/flip the sketch & replace shapes – so long as the original sketch layout is recognizable
- Upload to your blog or other Online Gallery using Keyword: SPDSS19 so that we may check out your beautiful work
- Add your name and link to your project in the InLinkz shown HERE.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $10 Gift Certificate to the SugarPea Designs Online Shoppe. However, if the winning entry features a SugarPea Designs stamp we will increase the prize to $15
Here is your sketch!
Here are the products that I've used on my card today: